Sunday, June 9, 2013

Journal Entry #5

I was half asleep when I read this but this reading was absolutely amazed by reading these stories. It seems like a miracle that the people survived this crazy happening. It blew my mind how the ice on the lake suddenly cracked when the earthquake struck. The ice was thick enough to have cars and people but the earthquake suddenly just penetrated the ice like nothing. It also interested me how people painted their boats while out in the water. But the disaster always reminds me of some fantasy story that will never take place in this world but it did. It amazed me how the ground can waver up and down so much that even when you take a step, you can take the wrong step and possibly could have fallen down a ledge or something. This really blew my mind.

6 comments:

  1. I wonder what would happen if this happened today? I think we are more prepared today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the ice cracking was pretty cool. It just goes to show you how powerful the earthquake really was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoongWon, well next time you should read before 10:00 at night? Just kidding, but I thought your entry was really well written and was given very good details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. its also crazy to think on how if those teenagers had been on the ice like 20 minutes later they would have fallen in and died

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really did a deep reflection, despite how sleepy you were! As the narrator of the story said, how fortunate that the earthquake didn't hit while they were ice-skating. It's a miracle in many ways that there weren't more casualties.

    ReplyDelete